I’m back!!! Sorry for the hiatus. We’ve been super busy trying to move ourselves, 3 kids, and 2 dogs into our new house! We’re finally making a dent in the unpacking, so I will be getting back to posting on a more regular basis.This is a long overdue post that goes with my American Express Membership Rewards introduction. I still have a few more posts in the Ultimate Rewards for Europe series, and soon I will talk about all of the ways we maximized our earnings during the process of building a house. Stay tuned!
American Express Membership Rewards Partners
Transfer Amex points to any of these airline or hotel partners:
Update 7/2017: Great news!! British Airways and Iberia are now 1:1 transfer ratios. Even better news: through September 2017, Amex is giving a 40% bonus when transferring membership Rewards to British Airways. This means that for every 1000 MR, you get 1400 BA Avios!
How to transfer Amex Membership Rewards to partners
Before we get started, remember to check availability for your dates for the airline/hotel to which you are transferring. Transfers are permanent! Amex MR transfers tend to be instant but you may want to consider putting the award on hold if possible before transferring.
1. Login to your American Express account.
2. Choose the card from which you want to transfer Amex MR.
My account defaults to it, but if yours doesn’t you will need to select the card from the top right corner.
When you scroll down you will see the partners that have not yet been linked.
7. Since I have never linked Singapore Airlines to my Amex MR, I will show you how to link them. First, click on the logo.
8. You will be taken to this screen. Type in your credit card information and your frequent flyer account number.
Note: If Ryan was an authorized user on this account (he’s not) this is the page where I would be able to choose his name or mine. See the sharing miles post for more details.
You have now linked the airline/hotel account to your Amex account and you have the option to transfer your points.
10. If you wish to transfer your points at this time, type in the number of points, confirm it, check the terms &a conditions box, and click “Confirm & Transfer Points”
Now when I go back to my Membership Rewards transfer page, Singapore Airlines shows up.
Done. Now that you know how to transfer your points, I will start posting the best ways to redeem depending on your destination! What are your favorite ways to use American Express Membership Rewards?