Advertiser disclosure: The Miles Genie has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Miles Genie and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Editorial disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses, and recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities.
Some of our favorite/most valuable redemptions have happened as a result of utilizing Chase Ultimate Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners.
Chase Ultimate Rewards airline transfer partners
There are 10 airline loyalty programs to which you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio. Your Ultimate Rewards points become miles in whichever program you choose to transfer. For more information about each of the Chase Ultimate Rewards airline transfer partners, click here.
Chase Ultimate Rewards hotel partners
There are 3 hotel transfer partners. When you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to a hotel program, your points become hotel loyalty points and you can redeem them for free nights or as otherwise allowed by the hotel program.
Hyatt is usually the only hotel partner I use. It is usually better to book Marriott and IHG via the redemption portal rather than transferring. These posts explain more:
- How to book Marriott stays with Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- How to book Hyatt stays with Chase Ultimate Rewards points
Not all Chase Ultimate Rewards points are transferable
There are 3 cards that earn transferable Chase Ultimate Rewards points:
Important: Some cards issued by Chase such as the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points, but they are not the same as transferable Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned from these cards are essentially cash-back. They cannot be transferred.
There is an exception, though. When you have a Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Unlimited plus one of the three transferable UR earning cards, you can redeem CF or CFU points the same way you would redeem points with CSP, CSR, or CIBP.
Since CF and CFU have the potential to earn more on everyday spending but no annual fees, we suggest pairing one with a CSP, CSR, or CIBP. This is a great way to accumulate even more Ultimate Rewards points. Click here for more information.
Before you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to partners
The most important step is to confirm that your desired flight or hotel room is available to book as an award booking on your date.
Never transfer your points until you have confirmed availability
- Most Ultimate Rewards transfers are instant, so there is no need to transfer in advance
- Once you transfer your points to one of these partners, you’re subject to that airline or hotel loyalty program’s policies and pricing.
- You cannot transfer those miles or points back to Chase Ultimate Rewards
How to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to airline or hotel partners
This assumes you already have a frequent flyer or hotel loyalty account with whichever transfer partner you want to use. If you do not, you can sign up for free. After doing so, have the airline or hotel loyalty account number available.
1. Login to your Ultimate Rewards accountusing your Chase username and password.
2. Click “Transfer to Travel Partners”.
3. You will need to link your airline or hotel program account to your Ultimate Rewards account. I’ve already linked some programs as you see below. If your account is already linked, skip steps 4-6 and head to the next section.
4. If you have not ever transferred Ultimate Rewards to the partner with with you’re transferring, you will need to link the account.
Click “Transfer Points” to the right of the program you would like to link. I will link Iberia Plus:
5. Click “Select Recipient” and your name will show up (and your designated authorized user/household member, if applicable)
6. Select the recipient then type in your airline or hotel loyalty account number to “Member ID”. Retype the number to confirm. After you press “confirm” your account will be added to your linked accounts.
You can transfer your points right away if you’re ready.
How to transfer after linking your airline or hotel account to Ultimate Rewards
Once a program is linked, you should not have to retype your account number for subsequent transfers. Instead, you can login to your Ultimate Rewards account and select “Transfer to Travel Partners”.
If I want to transfer to Iberia, I have already linked that account, so all I have to do is click on the Iberia logo.
My account number will show up along with a green “Transfer Points” button (It’s been whited out, but it’s below “Member ID”). Click that button.
This screen will pop up and all I have to do is type in the amount of points I want to transfer.
After typing in the amount of points, click “Continue”
6. Review the details and then press “Confirm & submit”
Advertiser disclosure: The Miles Genie has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Miles Genie and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Comments below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. The comments have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.