Bank Rewards/Transferable loyalty programs
I will do my best to keep this page as up-to-date as possible!
Ultimate Rewards (as of December 2018):
All are transferred at a 1:1 rate. UR Rewards are so easy to earn (thanks to bonus categories and shopping portals). Note that Korean Air is no longer a partner as of August 2018. But JetBlue was added!
Amex MR (as of December 2018)
Each airline has a different transfer rate but many are 1:1. Offers are limited-time only. Aer Lingus, British Airways, and Iberia bonus offers end on November 15, 2018.
November 2018: Avianca Life Miles has been added as a 1:1 transfer partner. Avianca is based in South America (Columbia) and is part of the Star Alliance. This means you can book United and other Star Alliance partner flights with Avian miles. Their chart is distance-based. I haven’t really talked about Avianca, but now that it’s an Amex partner, I’ll start looking into the program for sweet spots!
British Airways, Iberia, and Aer Lingus transfer bonus offers have expired. The current ratio is 1000 points:1000 avios
Airline partners and alliances of note:
- American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Quantas
- Delta, KLM/AirFrance, AeroMexico, Korean Air, Alitalia
- United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines
Update September 2017: Alaska Airlines and Singapore Airlines are now partners! Singapore Airlines miles (KrisFlyer miles) can be transferred from my three favorite loyalty programs, American Express Membership Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Chase Ultimate Rewards. Alaska Airlines is already a partner of SPG, but this means that you can you can book Alaska Airlines flights with Ultimate Rewards and Amex MR indirectly by transferring them to Singapore Airlines!
- Is not part of an alliance but partners with several carriers
- Is great for low fares, their companion pass, and possibly for “positioning flights” (more on that soon), but they do not partner with any airlines.
- They have recently added international destinations including Mexico, Central America, and the Carribean.