Bank Rewards/Transferable loyalty programs
I will do my best to keep this page as up-to-date as possible!
SPG (as of July 2018)
- Many airlines are 1:1 transfer ratio
- For every 20,000 star points transferred to an airline, you receive 5,000 bonus points.
- This is only awarded in increments of 20,000. For example:
- You you transfer 20,000 you get 25,000
- If you transfer 40,000 you get 10,000 bonus so 50,000 total
- If you transfer 39,000, you only get the 5,000 bonus.
All are transferred at a 1:1 rate. UR Rewards are so easy to earn (thanks to bonus categories and shopping portals).
Amex MR (as of July 2018)
Each airline has a different transfer rate but many are 1:1
Airline partners and alliances of note:
- American Airlines, Air Berlin, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Quantas
- Delta, KLM/AirFrance, AeroMexico, Korean Air, Alitalia
- United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines
Update September 2017: Alaska Airlines and Singapore Airlines are now partners! Singapore Airlines miles (KrisFlyer miles) can be transferred from my three favorite loyalty programs, American Express Membership Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Chase Ultimate Rewards. Alaska Airlines is already a partner of SPG, but this means that you can you can book Alaska Airlines flights with Ultimate Rewards and Amex MR indirectly by transferring them to Singapore Airlines!
- Is not part of an alliance but partners with several carriers
- Note that their partnership with Delta ended in April 2017, however, any reservations previously made will be honored.
- Is great for low fares, their companion pass, and possibly for “positioning flights” (more on that soon), but they do not partner with any airlines.
- They have recently added international destinations including Mexico, Central America, and the Carribean.